Error opening UDF library file in ANSYS Fluent journal file: Error code 126

dgnidovec
dgnidovec Member Posts: 1 **
edited June 2023 in Fluids

Hello ANSYS community,

I'm encountering an issue when trying to run a Fluent simulation with UDF (User-Defined Function) libraries. I have followed the necessary steps to set up the simulation, including compiling the UDF library and specifying the correct paths. However, I'm receiving an error when Fluent tries to open the UDF library file.

Here are the details of the error:

• Opening library file: "C:\Users\DOMENG~1\Desktop\FLUENTtest\libudf"
  • Error code: 126

I have verified the UDF library path, checked file permissions, and ensured compatibility with the Fluent version. Despite these efforts, I'm still encountering the error.

I'm running the simulation from Mathematica, and interestingly, when I run it from the command line, it works without any issues. However, when running it from Mathematica, the error occurs. In the attached image there is the part of the output, where the error occurs and the simulation breaks as a result.

I would appreciate any insights or suggestions to resolve this issue. Has anyone encountered a similar problem before? Is there a known workaround or solution? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,

Domen Gnidovec

Tagged:

Answers

• Chris Harrold
    Chris Harrold Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 183
    100 Comments 5 Answers First Anniversary Ansys Employee
    admin

@Sean Pearson can you provide some guidance here?

• liu jiuyi
    liu jiuyi Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I've encountered an issue where running a Python-packaged .exe file to execute Fluent via command line and compile a UDF leads to an inability to read the library file, resulting in Error 126. However, running the same command line directly through the local CMD does not present any problem.

Has anyone faced a similar issue or could provide any insights on how to resolve this? The main difference seems to be between running the command from the packaged .exe versus directly from CMD, and I'm unsure why the environment would affect the loading of the library file to this extent.

• Gopi Raju Velpula
    Gopi Raju Velpula Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments First Answer Name Dropper Photogenic

any one got solution for this please let me know...... also facing same problem