How to read total deformation results for harmonic analysis in MAPDL?

Options
amusthaf
amusthaf Member Posts: 16
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 2023 in Structures

At a particular frequency and particular phase angle, I get one total deformation result in WB Mechanical. I read the same .rst file in MAPDL and I see the results for the same frequency and phase angle, to my dismay, I observe a different result in MAPDL. For example, for 73.859Hz and 20°, I used SET,,,1,3,73.859,20,, in MAPDL, this seems to not give me the correct result. What commands could I use in MAPDL to match the same results in WB Mechanical?

In MAPDL, we have real and imaginary results for a frequency. But, in WB Mechanical, we have only one result. How are the deformation results calculated in WB Mechanical?

Comments

• Pernelle Marone-Hitz
    Pernelle Marone-Hitz Member, Moderator, Employee Posts: 831
    First Comment First Anniversary Ansys Employee Solution Developer Community of Practice Member
    Options

Hi @amusthaf , this seems more related to a postprocessing question of MAPDL vs Mechanical, and not to scripting. Please contact your local Ansys support provider, or use the Ansys Innovation Space Learning forum for this question ( https://forum.ansys.com/ )

In the Developer Forum we are only focusing on questions related to scripting. Thank you for your understanding.

• amusthaf
    amusthaf Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2023
    Options

Ok, @Pernelle Marone-Hitz. Thanks.