I am looking for some clarifications on “Stress Linearization method”. Hope you can guide me.
- May I know what is the concept of Stress Linearization?
- May I know when to consider/apply the stress linearization concept?
- As per my knowledge, ASME VIII Division 2 code can be referred for the allowable stresses against stresses obtained by stress linearization, for the design of pressure containing items. May I know the codes that can be referred for structural applications?
- May I know the standard industry codes (API / ISO / DNV) that provides allowable stress limits with which the obtained stresses from stress linearization method can be comparable?
- Also, while reading some literature understood stress linearization can only be applied when the stresses in the object exceeds the allowable stress limits, only locally. May I know how to define the term “locally” in terms of magnitude? Is it one or two elements or is it an area of t x t or 2t x 2t, where ‘t’ is the thickness of the object.
- Kindly let me know if there is any tutorial available on stress linearization?
- Also, kindly request you to share any material (documents) available on stress linearization.
Thanks & regards