Discovery Pull Helix revolve creates wrong height

Arsenis
Arsenis Member Posts: 2
Name Dropper First Comment

Hi all,

I have taken scripting of the Pull with helix revolve tool and want to parameterise.

For some reason, the "height" of Pull is not being respected, e.g. creating a height of 34mm instead of the requested 31.9mm. This seems random, as for other dimensions the too works properly.

Dscript file also attached.

Can you help me on what I lose? Any possible metadata hidden behind, or bug?

Kind regards,
Arsenis

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan Member, Employee Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Ansys Employee First Comment
    ✭✭✭

@Arsenis
    it seems your revolve line is not correctly created if i change line 47 as follows it works
    revolveLine = Line.Create(Point.Create(MM(0), MM(1.0), MM(0)), Direction.DirX)

• Arsenis
    Arsenis Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Stefan
    Yes, the way you set the command will work, but it will not produce the wanted result. In other words, the "bow" created is not symmetric and it is developed "off center".

I have found a solution, so let me add my 2 cents for any future user:
    1) The "small translation" in Y is required, because when you try to revolve the rectangle to an axis that goes through its absolute center, the revolution fails in both Spaceclaim and Discovery. Probably a division with zero inside the code?
    2) For some reason, my first translation to 1e-6 created the issue described above. I found out that a translation at 1e-4 will work creating the wanted result.
    revolveLine = Line.Create(Point.Create(MM(0), MM(1e-4), MM(0)), Direction.DirX)

Kind regards,
    Arsenis