How to get Workbench Mechanical RSM job to return user files/folders?

willblatt
willblatt Member Posts: 13
Name Dropper First Comment

In my Mechanical model I have a /POST1 command snippet that generates some files in a folder. The files are created correctly out on the remote solver (I can see the files in the scratch area), but when Mechanical copies the files back to my local directory, the folder and files are left behind. Is there a way to have RSM also copy back these files?

Tagged:

Answers

• Pernelle Marone-Hitz
    Pernelle Marone-Hitz Member, Moderator, Employee Posts: 871
    100 Answers 500 Comments 250 Likes First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi @willblatt, this looks more like a product question, not a scripting one. The Developer forum is dedicated to scripting questions, and from your description your script seems to work as the files are generated. I'd recommend posting this on the Ansys Innovation Space forum so that someone can help you find the appropriate RSM settings.

• Landon Mitchell Kanner
    Landon Mitchell Kanner Member, Employee Posts: 295
    25 Answers 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭✭

I think I have seen a scripted solution to this issue before(?) @Eric Stamper, @Pierre Thieffry, @Ayush Kumar or @Rajesh Meena, sound familiar?

• willblatt
    willblatt Member Posts: 13
    Name Dropper First Comment

@Pernelle Marone-Hitz, thanks, we are looking into what RSM settings are available. Though in this case, we had hoped to not make a global change for specifics of a few custom commands.

@Landon Mitchell Kanner, previously we had been using a /sys APDL command to copy the files back from the pbs working dir:

/sys,cp -fpr strange* "$PBS_O_WORKDIR"

That copies the files correctly from the compute node back to the viz node scratch location. But doesn't impact what files RSM copies.