OSError While trying to output UY component data using PyDPF

amusthaf
amusthaf Member Posts: 16
Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

I am trying to output UY component data for particular nodes at all time_frequencies. But I am stuck up with this error:

It would be really helpful if I can have any leads on this issue.

Comments

• amusthaf
    amusthaf Member Posts: 16
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

generally, time_ids = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12], since I have 12 number of sets.
    When I try to scope all the 12 number of sets, I am encountering this OSError. But, when I reduce the length of time_ids, i.e., time_ids = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8], it is working for me. Still, I have not completely understood what the problem can be. If anybody have any ideas, please help.

• Pernelle Marone-Hitz
    Pernelle Marone-Hitz Member, Moderator, Employee Posts: 859
    500 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper Solution Developer Community of Practice Member
    ✭✭✭✭

This might be related to a bug that was fixed in 2024R1. Can you please try again with this version of the server? Thanks

• Ayush Kumar
    Ayush Kumar Member, Moderator, Employee Posts: 442
    250 Likes Solution Developer Community of Practice Member Ansys Employee First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭

@amusthaf

As @Pernelle Marone-Hitz mentioned this is indeed a bug on the server side. This should help:

Add either of these lines (prefer 241 if you have WB 241 installed) at the top of your script (after ansys.dpf.core module import).

dpf.start_local_server(ansys_path=r"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v232")

dpf.start_local_server(ansys_path=r"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v241")