How to create an empty 'Array[int]'

Options
ZZ.tang
ZZ.tang Member Posts: 14
Name Dropper First Comment
import array as arr
a=arr.array('i', [1, 2, 3])+(Temp.Ids)
unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'array' and 'Array[int]'

It seems like the types of "arr.array('i', [1, 2, 3]) " and "Temp.Ids" are different.

Answers

• Pernelle Marone-Hitz
    Pernelle Marone-Hitz Member, Moderator, Employee Posts: 804
    First Comment First Anniversary Ansys Employee Solution Developer Community of Practice Member
    Options

We'd need more info to understand the question. What Ansys product are you using. What is stored in Temp ? What are you trying to do exactly?

• ZZ.tang
    edited March 13
    Options

@Pernelle Marone-Hitz said:
    We'd need more info to understand the question. What Ansys product are you using. What is stored in Temp ? What are you trying to do exactly?

I'm using Mechanical 2021 R2.
    I want to Initialize a variable which have empty value. Then use a loop to extend the Geo Ids of a named selection into the variable.
    But when I try to extend the variable, it seems the data type didn't match.

Temp is defined like this:

Temp=Model.AddNamedSelection()
    some code
    Temp.Ids
    a=arr.array('i', [])
    a+Temp.Ids

it returned "unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'array' and 'Array[int]'"

And I also tried below

Temp=ExtAPI.SelectionManager.CurrentSelection
    a+Temp.ids

it returned "unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'array' and 'List[int]'

• ZZ.tang
    Options

@Pernelle Marone-Hitz said:

I'm trying to Initialize an empty variable and use a loop to extend this variable with the named selection Ids list.

When I trying to do this I noticed the data type of the "named selection Ids" is 'Array[int]'
    and I don't know how to create an empty 'Array[int]'

• Pernelle Marone-Hitz
    Pernelle Marone-Hitz Member, Moderator, Employee Posts: 804
    First Comment First Anniversary Ansys Employee Solution Developer Community of Practice Member
    Options

I'm afraid I still don't have enough information to help. What Ansys product are you using ? Mechanical ? Maybe this post will help for ids of entities scoped in named selections: https://discuss.ansys.com/discussion/1309/identify-bodies-in-named-selections-and-make-dedicated-named-selections-for-each?utm_source=community-search&utm_medium=organic-search&utm_term=named+selections