Coupling two Fluent components in Workbench

DavidH
DavidH Member Posts: 4
Name Dropper First Comment
edited June 24 in Fluids

Hi, I'd like to couple two Fluent components in Workbench, but I'm having trouble getting Parameters and System Coupling components to work with my Fluent components. Is there a way to do this in Workbench, or is the command line the only option?

Answers

• Chris Harrold
    Chris Harrold Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 183
    100 Comments 5 Answers First Anniversary Ansys Employee
    admin

@DavidH - Does this relate to Fluent scripting, TUI, or PyFluent? If so, adding some tags to your post will help us get the right people to see it and answer. If not, then this question would be better in the support forums at forum.ansys.com as this forum is dedicated to developer tools and scripting questions.

• DavidH

@Chris Harrold Thank you for the suggestion. I checked the forum and the only answers hinted at scripting. PyFluent would certainly be a convenient way to do this. I also do not see any coupling discussions on the PyFluent GitHub page. Has anyone tried to couple 2 Fluent simulations via Python?

• Chris Harrold
    Chris Harrold Member, Administrator, Employee Posts: 183
    100 Comments 5 Answers First Anniversary Ansys Employee
    admin

@Ryan OConnor or @Sean Pearson will for sure have seen this and be able to help, @DavidH

• DavidH

Thank you @Chris Harrold , I appreciate the connect. @Ryan OConnor and @Sean Pearson , please let me know if you need any information.

• DavidH

Thank you @Sean Pearson . Do you recommend a particular way to install the libraries for coupling and PyFluent?

• Sean Pearson
    Sean Pearson Member, Employee Posts: 20
    10 Comments First Answer First Anniversary Ansys Employee
    ✭✭✭✭

It should work if you install each library following the instructions in each documentation. Post back here if it doesn't.