How calculate the poisson's ratio of auxetic structure.

Swayam Swastik
Swayam Swastik Member Posts: 1 **

I used a re-entrant auxetic structure and did a compression test. I tried to find out the normal strain in the X and Y directions. I am not sure which values to consider after getting the simulation results. Kindly guide me through this.

Tagged:

Answers

• Erik Kostson
    Erik Kostson Member, Employee Posts: 220
    50 Answers 100 Comments Second Anniversary 25 Likes
    ✭✭✭✭

This forum is for scripting questions. For general modeling questions/posts I suggest Ansys Innovation Space / https://forum.ansys.com/forums/forum/discuss-simulation/structures/
    (The Ansys Innovation Space (AIS) will undergo scheduled maintenance from June 6th to June 18th, but one should be able to post a question most likely on the 19th).

• eva
    eva Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

To calculate the Poisson's ratio of an auxetic structure, measure the relative transverse strain (perpendicular to the applied load) divided by the longitudinal strain (parallel to the applied load). spectrum bill support Auxetic materials exhibit a negative Poisson's ratio, meaning they expand laterally when stretched longitudinally. Experimentally, this can be determined through mechanical testing or by analyzing the structural geometry and deformation characteristics under load.