Could not start the memory inquiry solver: check distributed installations, MPI availability, MPI au

jsigaran
jsigaran Member Posts: 1 **

Hello, due to privacy reasons I cannot post the code that I am working on. The problem is essentially MPI not working as intended. There are two environments in the same HPC using the same code, now one is working and the other one not. The same error was occurring in the two environments since a SLURM update to version 24.05. But after the issue got fixed on one environment by adding the environmental variables "export ANSYSEM_GENERIC_MPI_WRAPPER=/linuxapp/AnsysEM/${aedtVer}/Linux64/schedulers/scripts/utils/slurm_srun_wrapper.sh
export ANSYSEM_COMMON_PREFIX=/linuxapp/AnsysEM/${aedtVer}/Linux64/common
export MPI_TIMEOUT_SECONDS=120
export -n I_MPI_HYDRA_BOOTSTRAP_EXEC_EXTRA_ARGS""

But this just worked on one environment, the other one keeps failing on the same point. Is there a way that someone could give me any hint without the need to post the code as an open source? Thank you very much

Error:
"[info] Project:test, Design:HFSSDesign1 (Modal Network), Setup1 : Sweep distributing Frequencies (5:54:54 AM Jul 03, 2024)
[error] Project:test, Design:HFSSDesign1 (Modal Network), Could not start the memory inquiry solver: check distributed installations, MPI availability, MPI authentication and firewall settings. -- Simulating on machine: XXXX (6:24:56 AM Jul 03, 2024)
[error] Project:test, Design:HFSSDesign1 (Modal Network), Simulation completed with execution error on server: XXXX. (6:24:57 AM Jul 03, 2024)
[error] Project:test, Design:HFSSDesign1 (Modal Network), Script macro error: Solution data is not available. It was either not solved or was made invalid by subsequent design changes. (6:24:59 AM Jul 03, 2024)
[error] Error in command execution
[error] Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: method ---- While executing script: /home/company/bin/HFSS/exportProfMeshinfoSparaR182_linux.py
BatchExtract failed.
Stopping Batch Run: 6:25:07 AM Jul 03, 2024