TEXT USER INTERFACE command from GUI PANEL/ACTION or TUI command from GUI command

DAMI46
DAMI46 Member Posts: 1 **
edited July 12 in Fluids

I would like to use Ansys Fluent in TUI Text User Interface mode, for sequential simulations, changing some parameters. So I would like to build a batch script to run in command prompt, where I tell Fluent to run the simulations by changing only a few parameters from the .cas.h5 file

The problem is understanding which TUI command corresponds to an action in the GUI version of the software.

By recording a "journal" file of the actions on the software, it only returns commands in GUI version, not TUI.

For example, I need the TUI command to change the total temperature of the boundary condition wall in the thermal panel.

Can anyone help me? Thank you in advance.

Answers

• dnwillia
    dnwillia Member, Employee Posts: 3
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic Ansys Employee
    ✭✭✭

Unfortunately it's not possible to journal TUI commands that way using the desktop interface. You have to run everything manually in the TUI and remember your responses and write the journals by hand.

Fluent's Web UI is able to record journals but it uses the settings API. So, this will meet your need as long as the features you need to journal are available in the API. A significant amount of functionality is now available in release 2024 R2.