ATTENTION NEW USERS! READ THIS POST BEFORE DOING ANYTHING!

James Derrick
James Derrick Administrator, Employee Posts: 267
Ancient Membership 100 Comments 100 Likes 25 Answers
admin
edited September 9 in Announcements

Hello all!

Unfortunately the forum has recently been the victim of a spam attack, which you may have seen. We've got it under control but whilst we work to shore up the walls, so to speak, we have unfortunately gone into lockdown and you will not be able to post anything for a while. Please bear with us whilst we address this problem!

UPDATE AUG 2ND - WE HAVE HAD TO MAINTAIN LOCKDOWN

If you are new to the forum and a legitimate member, please do message me (at james.derrick@ansys.com) with your details and please include evidence you aren't a bot if possible! Then we can get you approved and able to post. We are very sorry that these measures have had to be implemented and we're working to get them turned off soon.

UPDATE AUG 14th - It is being worked on...

2 weeks on and the problem is being resolved (slowly). In the meantime we need to keep the restrictions in place for new users. As such we have introduced two new "ranks" which will allow you to post freely.

• Auto Level 2
  • Manual Level 2

Auto Level 2 has been retroactively applied to any user on the site that has posted at least once before, so you should all be good to go.

Otherwise, Manual Level 2 must be applied manually by an admin and only applies to new users. If you are a new user, and need this rank please email me at james.derrick@ansys.com and include your username so I can give you the permissions you need.

James - Admin Team

Tagged: