How to export the information of all the convection loads in my Mechanical to a csv?

Options
Rohith Patchigolla
Rohith Patchigolla Member, Moderator, Employee Posts: 115
First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper Solution Developer Community of Practice Member

I want to export the below information as a csv file directly from Mechanical via scripting.
1. Convection load Name
2. Film Coefficient
3. Film Coefficient unit
4. Ambient Temperature
5. Ambient Temperature unit

Comments

• Rohith Patchigolla
    Rohith Patchigolla Member, Moderator, Employee Posts: 115
    First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper Solution Developer Community of Practice Member
    Options

You can paste the below script in Mechanical scripting console to export all the convection loads corresponding to a thermal analysis (assumption --> this analysis is first in the tree. Please edit the index in DataModel.AnalysisList[i] to access other analyses)

import os

#Provide the name of the CSV file
    fileName = 'Convection_Data.csv'
    #Select Analysis by Id
    analysis = DataModel.AnalysisList[0]

#Function to write a CSV file from the gathered data
    def writeCSV(t1,fileName):
        ExtAPI.Log.WriteMessage('my File name ' + fileName)
        with open(fileName , 'w') as f:
            for line in t1:
                for col in line:
                    #For Non-German
                    f.write(str(col) + ', ')
                    #For German OS 
                    #f.write(str(col).replace('.',',') + '; ')
                f.write('\n')

#Find the user files directory for saving the data
    UserDir = r"D:\Cases\26832"
    saveName = os.path.join(UserDir,fileName)
    first_solution = analysis.Solution
    solver_data = first_solution.SolverData
    allConvections = DataModel.GetObjectsByType(DataModelObjectCategory.Convection)
    allData = []
    for convectionObj in allConvections:
        convName = convectionObj.Name
        lastIndexConv = convectionObj.FilmCoefficient.Output.DiscreteValueCount-1
        lastIndexAT = convectionObj.AmbientTemperature.Output.DiscreteValueCount-1
        convFCVal = convectionObj.FilmCoefficient.Output.GetDiscreteValue(lastIndexConv).Value
        convFCUnit = convectionObj.FilmCoefficient.Output.GetDiscreteValue(lastIndexConv).Unit
        convATVal = convectionObj.AmbientTemperature.Output.GetDiscreteValue(lastIndexAT).Value
        convATUnit = convectionObj.AmbientTemperature.Output.GetDiscreteValue(lastIndexAT).Unit
        allData.append([convName, convFCVal, convFCUnit, convATVal, convATUnit])

writeCSV(allData,saveName)